Sunday, December 03, 2006

Living alone

I live alone. Sometimes I like it but often I hate it. I'm trying to find ways to be more positive in my attitude in general, so I thought I'd list the things I like about living alone:
(1) I can drink orange juice straight from the carton without people knowing I'm a slob.
(2) I can talk to my hamster without it ruining my 'no cute animals' reputation.
(3) I don't have to feel guilty if I don't do the washing up straight away.
(4) I can watch LOTS of snooker on British Eurosport.
(5) I can pray out loud any time of the day or night.
(6) I can strum away at the only four chords I know on the guitar and it doesn't matter that it sounds rubbish.
(7) I can leave an unfinished jigsaw on the table for months without it being disturbed.
(8) I know EXACTLY where everything is.
(9) I can get home late and not be disturbing anyone.
(10) I can wander around naked (until I realise that I live in a ground floor flat with a bus stop outside the window).

2 Comments:

At 10:32 pm, Blogger OddBabble said...

(11)All the hot water is yours.
(12)You never get home to find someone has drunk the bottle of Chilean Merlot you were saving up.
(13)There is always a spare bed so Barney can stay.
(14)All the post is (mostly) for you.
(15)Whenever the phone rings, it is because someone wants to speak to you, usually because they love you.

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger Anne Witton said...

Some great points there - thanks Barn!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home